Shri Manoj K. Bharti
1. H.E. Mr. Manoj K. Bharti assumed charge as the Ambassador of India to Indonesia on January 15, 2021
2. Shri. Bharti belongs to the 1988 batch of the Indian Foreign Service and Served as Additional Secretary (Administration) & (Economic Diplomacy and States) from 2018-2020. He has also held the position of Special Secretary (Administration).
3. He has served as India’s Ambassador to Kyiv (2015-18) and Belarus in 2011 -15.
4. He has served in the Ministry of Commerce, GOI, where he handled economic relations and foreign trade issues with Central European countries. He also worked as Deputy Secretary in charge of Bangladesh affairs. Later, he headed the e-Governance and Information Technology Division of the Ministry from 2008-2011.
5. He has also served in Indian Missions in Tehran, The Hague, Kathmandu, Ankara (as DCM), and Yangon (as DCM).
6. He has working knowledge of Persian, Russian and Nepali languages.
7. Shri Bharti had his schooling from Netarhat Residential School, Jharkhand. He is B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
8. His wife, Ms Anamika, is a former officer of the Government of India, an art historian and an educator. They have two adult sons