Embassy of India
Launch of India Committee of KADIN
Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN) launched its special India committee at Hotel Shangri la, Jakarta on 18 May 2018 (Friday), with the mandate to provide further impetus to bilateral trade and investment relation between India and Indonesia. The event was jointly addressed by the Vice Chairperson of KADIN Ms. Shinta Kamdani and H.E. Ambassador of India to Indonesia, Mr. Pradeep K Rawat.
2. The event was attended by more than 20 CEOs and representatives of Indian companies in Indonesia includingTATA, BHEL, Aditya Birla Group, Lulu Group, State Bank of India, Bank of India, Voith Hydropower, Feedback Infra etc. Industry counterparts from Indonesia of more than 20 companies of varied sectors including Sintesa group, PT. Recapital Advisor, PT Andhika Lines, Kalbe Farma, Garuda Indonesia, PT Pembangkit Energi Mandiri, PT Dua Surya Dinamika, Sritex Group etc.along with officials of KADIN also participated in the event.
3. In her opening remarks,Vice Chairperson of KADIN mentioned that the quantum of trade and investment from India has increased manifolds in recent years and in 2017, the bilateral trade between the two countries increased by 39% to cross USD 18 billion. To realise the full potential of economic relations, both countries need to expand and diversify the trade basket and this special committee of KADIN will liaise between the Indian and Indonesian companies to achieve that.
4. Ambassador of India welcomed the launch of India committee of KADIN and mentioned that there is a considerable potential for expanding trade in the areas of automotive components, automobiles, engineering products, IT, pharmaceuticals, bio-technology. Additionally, he emphasized that Indian companies in sectors like healthcare sectors, urban infrastructure are eager to share their experience and expertise with Indonesia.
5. This was followed by the introduction of the members of India Committee of KADIN byMr. Bernardino Vega, CEO of PT Pembangkit Energi Mandiri . There are 8 members in the committee and it headed by Mr. Satish Mahtani who is CEO of PT Dua Surya Dinamika which has its operations in Aviation, Media, Digital Advertising, Apparel Manufacturing.
6. The event was followed by Buka Puasa (Breaking of fast) where representatives of Indian and Indonesian companies interacted with the members of India Committee of KADIN to know more about
their role of acting as a bridge between India and Indonesia in facilitating trade and investment.
7. It may be noted that KADIN, in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organizesIndia Indonesia CEOs’ Forum, second edition of which will take place later this month in Jakarta. To further augment the cooperation between the two leading Industry Associations, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is currently under consideration and being negotiated.